Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grass is Greener

I'm away this week for four days on a roadtour to the North.

In my line of work,occasionally I have to travel and meet my distributors to explain and present on the latest product,among other things. It's a bit like a political roadtour,but without the "duit ehsan".

Nevertheless,the early parts of the roadtour is usually the hardest,especially the being alone part.

I'm not really into spending time outside of work with my staffs or distributors. It's bad for business. It's bad for my mental health.

So I'm usually stuck in a hotel room,with a book,which I usually don't read because somehow,I watch a lot of TV. I guess this is the time where I usually catch up on the crap they show on terrestial tv.

It's lonely.Boring with a capital B.

But yesterday,I met a teacher who wanted to find out how my company's product can help his youngest child battle leukimia (blood cancer).

A nice man,pleasant personality,but there's a profound sadness in his eyes.

Which puts me into my place. I understand what I'm doing is not merely to make money,but to spread our good fortune via our products to people like this teacher.

While I was spending the weekend with the dilemma of choosing what new car to buy,here is a man whose child had to undergo his first chemotherapy session last Saturday.

Oh yeah. The kid's only ONE year and 7 months old. 1 year 7 months. And cancer positive.

Think about that.

Sent via BlackBerry from Maxis

No comments: