Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome to the New Old Me

It's been a while. In fact, for the past few blog postings in the previous blog, I have always lamented that it's been a while.

The truth is I stopped writing for the same reason I stopped doing a lot of things. I just got bored with it. I get bored easily, something which worries the hell out of my wife.

But now I'm back. Because I got bored (see the trend here?) micro-writing via FB and Twitter. However, the experience has helped me a lot in getting rid of excess junk from my materials.

Something which you'll notice in this new blog - a lot more simplicity in form and manner, but complex in its context and content.

Why the need for a new blog? Simple. I've outgrown the old self, which may delight some of my previous readers (is there anybody out there?). I no longer can pretend I am not responsible for the fate of my family and my staffs. I have gained more than just weight.

I have added role. I am the leader not only for my organization but also my own family and increasingly, my bigger family. Hence, the title tuanchief. It ain't about bragging but a self-deprecating kind of joke.

At the same time, I believed that a huge part of me, the part that is critical of everything and anything is still around - with an added dose of new experiences.

So it's all a bit familiar - the rants, the raves, the reviews, the wit (ada ke?) - and yet not-so-familiar.

Hopefully, I'll keep this one running for quite some time.

No comments: